Details on Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady Independence Day Fireworks – July 3 and 4
Free community fireworks will start at 9:15 p.m. both nights – Casino parking reserved for Rush Rewards members only starting at 3 p.m.
SCHENECTADY, NY — Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady today released the following details on its upcoming fireworks shows on July 3 and July 4 on the Mohawk River.
Members of the Rush Rewards Players Club are invited to view the fireworks display from the Rivers Casino patio.
Details and directions:
- All parking at Rivers Casino & Resort will be restricted to Rush Rewards Players Club members only starting at 3 p.m. on July 3 and 4. Rush Rewards guests should have their card ready to present when entering parking lots.
- The patio at Rivers Casino & Resort will be open to Rush Rewards members only, and restricted to 21 and up.
- The fireworks display will start at 9:15 p.m. on July 3 and 4, from a barge floating on the Mohawk River.
- The July 3 show will be an approximately 15-minute preview display, leading up to the full July 4 show.
- There will be a designated public outdoor viewing area on the property located in the parking lot on the north side of the parking garage closest to the CDTA bus shelter. Members of the public can come as early 7 p.m., and enjoy food and non-alcoholic beverages for purchase. The public viewing area will be open to all ages – no alcohol will be allowed.
- With limited parking, guests are strongly encouraged to use public transportation, including CDTA bus service and the Electric City Trolley are options.
- Parking and viewing will be available at Schenectady County Community College on both evenings.
“Rivers Casino is right on the banks of the beautiful Mohawk River, and it’s the perfect place to enjoy the summer. Especially this summer, when the entire state is commemorating the bicentennial of the Erie Canal. We’re happy to be able to throw a party for our Rush Rewards members, and host an Independence Day celebration for Schenectady and the Capital Region,” said Mary Cheeks, General Manager of Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady.
The Rush Rewards Players Club is open to anyone 21 and up. There is no cost to join, and guests can sign up at the Rush Rewards Center on the Rivers Casino gaming floor.
About Rivers Casino & Resort
Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady features a 50,000-square-foot gaming floor with 1,150 slot machines, 67 gaming tables and 16 poker tables. The floor is attached to a 10,000-square-foot Event Center capable of hosting more than 900 people for conventions and special events, one of the largest spaces in the region. Also on the property are five restaurants, Splash Spa and the 165-room The Landing Hotel (opening July of 2017). For more information on Rivers Casino & Resort, visit www.riverscasinoandresort.com.