COVID-19 Updates & FAQs
We are #SchenectadyStrong
Following the Governor’s executive orders and in partnership with the NYSGC, Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady, including The Landing Hotel, remains temporarily closed. We will reopen when state officials determine that it’s safe.
All entertainment and events scheduled at the casino for April have been postponed or cancelled.
Additional details about our temporary closure will be posted as they become available, in the FAQs section below.
At the moment, we are focused on the well-being of our Team Members, guests, the residents of Schenectady and the Capital District community.
We appreciate your understanding during this time and we look forward to welcoming you back soon! In the meantime, show us how you’re staying #SchenectadyStrong at home on social media!
We are family. We are community. We are #SchenectadyStrong.
Temporary Closure FAQs
- What happens to my offers?
When we reopen, we will issue new Slot Play & Match Play, Dining and/or Hotel offers at the same levels that guests had prior to closure. We’re also working on exciting new offers for you to enjoy once we reopen!
- What will happen to gift giveaways?
We will reschedule any planned gift giveaways as soon as possible. Qualified guests will be notified of the new pick up dates.
- What will happen to my Points?
Your points will not expire or change during our temporary closure.
- If I can’t earn Points, how will my tier qualification be affected?
We will adjust the card level qualifying period based on the time we are not open.
- What happens to the entries I had for upcoming promotions?
Due to the Governor’s executive order we have decided to cancel and postpone all March and April promotions. We are working on rescheduling promotions that were either cancelled or postponed to ensure that no entries will be lost. Entries earned for scheduled drawings will be transferred to new promotions of a similar earning structure. Guests will be notified of new promotion dates, as well as their entry balances, upon reopening.
- What happens if a sporting event that I placed a wager on was cancelled?
Bettors can reclaim their initial stake for any cancelled events upon the reopening of the Casino. Futures made on postponed events will remain live.
- I have hotel reservations. When and how will I know if they’re cancelled?
All gaming, hotel, and restaurant operations are suspended until further notice. Hotel guests with reservations in the near future will be notified via phone call or email regarding their reservation status. No penalties or fees will apply.
- Which entertainment events are being rescheduled or cancelled, and how will I know?
All Van Slyck’s & Dukes Chophouse Entertainment has been postponed until further notice.
Please visit our Event Center page for the most up to date status on each individual event.
Cancellations: Guests will receive a refund for ticketed entertainment events that have been or will be cancelled. Please keep in mind that due to high cancellation volumes refunds can take up to 4- 6 weeks to process.
- Tickets purchased through Proctors: Guests may contact the Proctors Box Office for a full refund by calling (518) 346-6204 between 10AM-2PM, Monday-Friday
Postponements: Once a new date has been announced for a postponed event, guests can either:
- Use the tickets for the new date, or
- Request a refund
- Tickets purchased through Proctors: please visit Proctors.org or call (518) 346-6204 between 10AM-2PM, Monday-Friday